The insulation in your Southwest Georgia home is designed to slow down the movement of heat between the inside of your home and the outdoors. This allows your heating system to keep your home warm in the winter, and the air conditioner to keep it cool in the summer, without costing a fortune in energy costs. Many Georgia homes lack the proper amount of insulation in critical areas like the walls, and by adding more, you can reduce your heating and cooling costs, while also reducing the strain on your HVAC system.
At Harrell King Heating & Air, our team can quickly and easily evaluate your home to determine if it has the proper amount of wall insulation. If your home is lacking insulation, we can also work with you to determine the best solution for adding more, with the minimum amount of remodeling and construction time. In addition to insulation services, our team also offers heating and cooling system maintenance, repairs, and installations, as well as 24-hour emergency HVAC services.
Contact us today at 229-495-6050 to learn more about our insulation and HVAC services!
Signs that Your Thomasville Home Lacks Proper Wall Insulation
Determining how much insulation you have can be difficult without opening your walls or hiring a professional. There are, however, several signs that can indicate a lack of proper insulation in your walls, including:
- High energy costs
- Uneven temperatures from room to room
- Cold spots on your exterior walls during the winter
- Drafts near outlets or other wall openings
- Condensation on interior walls
- Cracked drywall
If you suspect you have inadequate insulation, contact our team at Harrell King Heating & Air for an evaluation. We can use a variety of methods, such as infrared imaging, to determine if your walls lack insulation, or simply have insulation that was not properly installed. If we find a problem, we will discuss your options and offer several solutions, according to your needs and your budget.
Installing Wall Insulation in the Southwest Georgia Area
If you need to add more insulation to your walls, there are several options, including the following:
- Fiberglass: Fiberglass batts are typically installed during construction, when the drywall has not yet been installed. In an existing house, it is can only be installed with significant remodeling.
- Cellulose: Cellulose can be sprayed into existing wall cavities though a small hole in the exterior or interior wall, requiring minimal remodeling.
- Injected Foam: This liquid foam is injected into the wall cavity, similar to cellulose, with minimal damage to the wall.
- Sprayed Foam: Sprayed foam is typically added during construction, and is sprayed between the wall studs before drywall is installed. For existing homes, significant remodeling would be necessary.
- Exterior Foam: Installed between the wall and the siding, exterior rigid foam can add insulation to an existing wall as siding is installed, with minimal remodeling.
At Harrell King Heating & Air, our team will wok with you to determine which materials will work best with your existing insulation and your budget. Our team can install the wall insulation quickly and efficiently, depending on the type, minimizing disruption to your home life and work schedule.
Call Harrell King Heating & Air for Wall Insulation Services in Southwest Georgia
At Harrell King Heating & Air our dedicated professionals can help you with all of your insulation and HVAC needs. We are budget-friendly and feature a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Contact us today at 229-495-6050 to schedule an appointment!