There’s nothing like a hot, humid Georgia summer to make you appreciate your cooling system—but before mother nature turns up the heat there are a few steps you should take, to ensure the reliability and efficiency of your air conditioner throughout cooling season. The question is, when is the best time to service your equipment?
Timing is Everything
While anytime is a good time for annual maintenance, the best time to perform this valuable service is right when the weather begins to warm up and before you turn your air conditioner on for the first time. The benefits of scheduling maintenance in the spring include:
- You are far more likely to get an appointment time that fits within your desired time frame early in the spring. Once cooling season gets underway technicians soon become inundated with air conditioning replacements, maintenance, and repairs.
- Early maintenance can help detect minor issues before they cause further damage and become costly, major repairs.
- You can relax and enjoy the summer knowing that your AC is operating at peak performance.
AC Maintenance Tips for the Homeowner
There are a number of steps you can take to help prepare your AC for a busy season, including:
- Change the filter. Regular filter changes are paramount to the performance and longevity of your AC, and the quality of your indoor air. Start the season off with a clean filter and replace it every four to six weeks as needed.
- Clean up. Starting indoors, ensure your supply and return vents are clean and not blocked by furnishings or draperies. Next, head outside and clear the area around the outdoor condenser unit to create a minimum three-foot clearance on all sides including the top. Remove debris such as leaves, grass, and twigs, and check that the unit is level and there is no damage to the surface it rests upon.
- Program the thermostat. Rework the settings on the thermostat to reflect the rising temperatures and switch from heating to cooling mode when ready.
Professional AC Maintenance
During scheduled cooling maintenance a certified, trained technician from Harrell King Heating & Air will perform the following:
- Clean the condenser coil
- Check the refrigerant charge
- Inspect and test all system controls
- Inspect and clean all relays and contacts
- Inspect wiring for loose connections or frayed or damaged material
- Test capacitors
- Lubricate moving parts
- Inspect and adjust belts
- Inspect condensate drain and clean as needed
- Replace or clean air filter if needed
- Test and calibrate thermostat
- Clean and inspect motor
- And more!
Schedule Cooling Maintenance Services in Bainbridge and Thomasville, GA
Start the summer off right with professional cooling maintenance services from the experts at Harrell King. As a Crown Savings Member, you’ll enjoy perks such as an annual tune-up, one free diagnostic or checkup per year, a 20 percent discount on all repairs, and more! With over three decades of service to homeowners throughout southwest Georgia, it’s easy to see why Harrell King has become a trusted name among homeowners. Contact us online today to schedule an appointment and let us know how we can help.