When home and business owners come to our team looking for new HVAC installation services, we always make a point to mention modern ductless heating and cooling systems. To our surprise, we’ve been getting a lot of “what’s a ductless system?” in response!
Do you want to find out more about a ductless HVAC system—how it works, what the benefits are, and how it might just be the best pick for your Georgia home? Follow along with the specialists at Harrell King Heating & Air to learn more.
What’s a Ductless Split System?
Ductless systems, also known as a “mini” or “multi” split system, are pretty much exactly what they sound like they are. These are home heating and cooling systems that use no ducts at all! While it sounds a bit unusual at first, how the system works is actually fairly simple. A ductless system still works off of the principles of refrigeration—just like your central cooling system—and it still has an indoor and outdoor unit. But the difference is more specifically in what that outdoor unit is.
In a ductless system there can be one or multiple indoor units, and each one is a relatively small device that can be installed along walls or on the ceiling as your needs dictate. The indoor and outdoor units are connected via wiring and copper or synthetic tubing that carries the refrigerant, and each indoor unit contains a blower assembly (that’s how it avoids using ducts).
What Are the Benefits of a Ductless Unit?
The biggest advantage of going ductless lies in zoning capabilities. With multiple indoor units you can control the temperature in rooms where they are installed dynamically, allowing you to customize your comfort according to your preferences in each area of the home. But that’s not all that a ductless unit offers. Installing a split system also provides:
- Excellent energy efficiency. Both due to zoning and never losing any air via ducts, a split system tends to be far more energy-efficient than standard HVAC systems, offering a considerable benefit in cutting energy costs.
- Heating and cooling in one. From a technical standpoint a split system is a type of heat pump. That means it can operate in either direction, bringing heat in or out, offering you a year-round comfort system in one neat package.
- Versatility. Ductless systems are small and can be installed anywhere in the home or in your business, giving you free reign and helping save valuable usable space.
- Product longevity. When taken care of with routine maintenance, you can expect a ductless system to perform well for 15 or more years—a number notably higher than its competitors.
- Air quality perks. Ductless systems use a dual filtration system in order to keep the indoor units free of debris. A perk for the AC itself, but also a perk for you since it drives down dust and pollen counts in the home.
Ductless Heating and Air in Bainbridge, Georgia
Interested in finding out what a ductless system could do for you and your home? Contact the trained and certified HVAC specialists at Harrell King Heating & Air! Just call 229-243-8040. We’ve got the leading services, top-class products, and superior, cost-efficient solutions you deserve in your Georgia home.